STRATEGIC YOUTH STAKEHOLDER SUMMIT (SYSS) TOPIC: SELF-MANAGEMENT, KEY TO SUCCESSFUL LEADERSHIP BY: MOSES AKINYETUN Introduction Leadership is a field. It…
NEW YEAR MESSAGE FROM THE NATIONAL YOUTH PASTOR
Text: Micha 4:13
On Saturday, 24th of December, 2016 the United Nations passed a bill to force Israel to vacate West Bank, Golan Heights and Jerusalem. It was called Bill 181. It was a day United States did not veto the resolution. Only seven Nations did not join the evil plot. That show that, the most populous black Nations on earth (Nigeria) was fully involved in the evil plot Nigeria must have led other Nations in Africa to kick against God’s Nation on earth (Israel). The implication of Bill 181 is that, the world is gradually moving to fulfilling the prophecy of Ezekiel 37 and 38. Ezekiel had prophesied that the nations of the world led by Gog (Russia) would invade the tiny Nation called Israel. But the invasion would fail because the God of Israel would unleash His terror and furry on Russia and the allied Nations. The victory would be total and unprecedented.
Bill 181 is a proof that we are at the threshold of the consummation of ages! The world is coming to an end. The age long prophecies about the end of the world are being fulfilled in our eyes!
Are you ready for the end of the world? The end of the world would signal the beginning of the physical kingdom of the King of kings – Jesus, our Savior and Redeemer.
When Jesus was on earth in His first visit as the Savior of world, He told His disciple of one of the things that will be the signs of the end-time.
‘And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all Nations, and the end will come – Matt. 24:14’
Two major prophecies mark the end time:
- The Gentile Nations led by Russia (United Nation) will invade Israel. This is negative.
- The Nation of God on Earth (the church, I Pet. 2:9) will invade the gentile Nations with the gospel of the kingdom to liberate them from the power of darkness and for testimony
So, in this end-time, the world and heaven will witness two INVASIONS: the INVASION of Nations to a Nation (Israel), and the INVASION of a Nation (church) to NATIONS for life.
GOFAMINT IN FULL PICTURE
At the 60th Annual Convention of this Mission held in 2016, a General Overseer who was an invited speaker, Bishop Francis Wale Oke, prophecied that God is pouring His anointing upon the Youths of this Mission and they will go to Nations of the world with the power of the Holy Spirit to proclaim the gospel.
This plainly shows that in this end time, God would used the youths of the Mission as arrow heads to invade the Nations of the world with the power of the Holy Ghost! – this Divine Mandate to us.
The book of Mica 4:13 speaks of this Divine Mandate.
Arise and thresh, o Daughter of Zion, for I will give you horns of iron, I will give you hoofs for bronze and you will break to pieces many nations you will devote their ill-gotten gains to the Lord, their wealth to the Lord of all the earth.
This Divine Mandate contains some elements
- The command to rise: Rise and thresh, o daughter of Zion.
- The promises of divine fortification: for I will give you horns of iron and hoofs of bronze.
- The surety of the invasion: and you will break to pieces many nations.
- The deployment of the spoil of the war: you will devote their ill-gotten gains to the LORD, their wealth to the Lord of all the earth.
What God is communication to us
- Rise and thresh, o daughter of Zion: This is the Divine mandate to the youths of this Mission. The prophecy has come out. God is commanding us to rise and thresh. To rise means to make ourselves available, to go after sinners with the power of the gospel. To thresh means, to separate wheat from the shafts. This is purely evangelism message. Wheat’s are the children of the kingdom, the believers, the blood-washed… the shaft are the sinners. When, the gospel is preached, those who will respond are the wheat while those who will spurn our messages are shafts. On the day of the Pentecost, wheat were separated from the shafts by the gospel of Jesus from Peter. The Bible recorded that about three thousands got saved and added to the Church.
Peter represented the Nation of God, he invaded nations of the world … (those who witnessed them speak in tongues came from nations of the world to Jerusalem for religion purpose.
The Nations of the world are full of religions that cannot save them. As Peter stood up to preach, God is calling and commanding us to arise for soul-winning. Arise and thresh could mean arise and live for soul-winning, arise and live for the work of evangelism, arise and engage in the work of soul-winning. Arise and thresh is an unambiguous command.
There are two forces that are at work in our lives as youths of this Mission.
The first force was the prophecy of Bishop Francis Wale Oke, while the second force was the command from the Book of Mica 4:13a
- 30 MILLION YOUTH IN 5 YEARS
For us to fulfill the Divine Mandate, the Youth Ministry is launching Operation Youth Outreach, under this programme, we intend to reach 30 million in five years. That means God is calling and commanding us to reach 6 million youth in five years! This is a great job to a great God for the great kingdom! Are we ready for the Divine Mandate?
- For I will give you horns of iron and I will give you hoofs of bronze – 13b. When we heed the command of rising to thresh, God promised to fortify us or to equip us with two things.
- Horns of Iron.
- Hoofs of Bronze
Animal use horns to fight and hoofs are used to walk. In this passage God used idiomatic expressions to convey what He will do for those who heed His command by involving in soul-winning.
Horns of iron speak of the kind of anointing that God would release upon His people. Since horns are use to fight, anointing is the horn of the believer in kingdom warfare – Acts 1:8 buttresses this truth. ‘You shall receive power (anointing) when Holy Ghost shall come upon you and you shall be my witnesses..’ Anointing makes soul-winning or evangelism possible.
God constantly replenished the Apostles with anointing in the Acts of Apostle as they made themselves available for soul-winning. The same God is ready to do the same for us as we engage in soul-winning.
Horns of iron are not enough for the work. We also need hoofs of bronze. Since hoofs enable animals to walk or move to wherever they want and bronze was a means of exchange before the introduction of money, God seems to be telling His church the availability of money as we made ourselves available for the work of soul-winning.
When our Lord sent His disciple out they did not lack money. The Missions faces lack because, the work of soul-winning has been abandoned.
When we make ourselves available for evangelism, God will supply us with the money that will make us to walk and fly to the nations of the world for the work.
- You will break into pieces many nations – 13c. this is God assurance of a fruitful work. When Philip went to Samaria (Acts 8:6-8) Samaria was subdue by the power of the gospel that worked in Philip. Nations would be subdue through the power that is at work in us becaue we have been fortified with horns of iron.
We would have the branches of this Mission in every nation of the world. God’s assurance guarantees our success in the field as we embark on ‘go’ for God.
- You will devote their ill-gotten gains to the LORD, their wealth to the Lord of all the earth – 13d.
God is sending us to the thieves, crooked, corrupt civil servants, businessmen / women … and the moment they came to God, they come with their money which would be used in turn to propagate the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. This means, we would become wealth as a church and this wealth will not be diverted to private individuals but would be deployed into the kingdom.
This is our Divine Mandate. Every youth should key his or her life into this theme: This is the will of God, for us. It is our turn to expand the kingdom, therefore, arise and thresh!