THE GOSPEL FAITH MISSION INTERNATIONAL
GOFAMINT YOUTH MINISTRY
NINTH NATIONAL SISTERS’ CONFERENCE
THEME: THE DILIGENT HOME-MAKER
TEXT: PROV. 10:4, 21:5, 22:29, II COR. 8:22
The topic “the diligent home-maker” has key words that need to be explained for proper understanding of the teaching.
Diligent taken from a root word diligence (noun-careful and thorough work or effort) is an adjective which refers to showing care and efforts in your work and duties.
Home: family, used to refer to a family living together and the way it behaves (a home is where the heart is, that is, a home is where the people you love are)
Home-Maker: a person who works at home and takes care of the house and family, (all definitions are taken from Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary).
The diligent home-maker is careful, through and shows care and effort in her work or duties. She is a wise builder as Proverbs 14:1 puts it, because diligence is an offshoot of wisdom. The diligent home-maker is an embodiment of godly virtues. Her works speak for her as in proverbs 13:31 and she is a true picture of the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31:10-31. She is careful, thorough and hard-working in carrying out her work or duties. Her sole aim is to make / build/ raise a Christ-centered home where love thrives and peace reigns. This is the aspiration and expectation of every Christian Sprinter.
God’s idea of home could be seen in Gen. 2:18 and 1:27-28 – companionship, unity and team work. Every member of the family is cared for and carried along, also encouraged (designed, fashioned and trained) to fulfill God’s plan by living a purposeful life God instituted home (family) his interest and plan for family is clear and pronounced right from Old Testament. He saved Noah and his family, called Abraham and made covenant with him that extended to his lineage. Abraham to Isaac to Israel (Judah- David- the savior Jesus). The Christian race is an individual race, yet God still saves people and their families. He saved Cornelius and his household– Acts 10:33–48, the jailer and his household Acts 16: 27–32 etc. A diligent home-maker therefore will be minded after God’s plan and purpose being fulfilled. This will prompt carefulness, thoroughness at work, effort, duties and the spiritual not neglected. In diligent home-making, God is the ultimate and must remain the focus of the home-maker as well as the source.
FEATURES / QUANLITIES OF A DILIGENT HOME-MAKER
- God-fearing: regenerated and abides in Christ – John 15: 4-5
- Builds on solid foundation (there is no solid foundation outside Christ) Matt. 7:24-25, II Tim. 2:19, I Cor. 3:11
- Industrious – is busy, hardworking, not lazy or idle – Prov. 31:13-24, 27
- Spirit-filled – sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and manifest the fruit of the spirit as in Gal. 5:22-23
- Focused and purpose-driven. – I Cor. 9:26
- A teacher – Studies, obeys and teaches others – II Tim. 2:15, 1-2.
- Prayerful – Good things need prayer for substance and bad things equally need prayer to be conquered – Luke 1:37, I The. 5:17
ADVANTAGE OF DILIGENT HOME-MAKING
- Imparts individuals, family and society positively
- Helps the family to fulfill God’s agenda.
- Enjoys peace in the home.
- Remembered for good.
- End well.
CONSEQUENCES OF FAILURE TO BE A DILIGENT HOME-MAKER
- A disappointment to individual, family and society.
- A disappointment to God as per his agenda for the family
- Unfulfilled life
- Faces eternal consequence
As you lay your bed, so you will lie in it.
A stitch in time saves nine.
Make hays while the sun shines
Pray, prepare and plan to be a diligent home-maker.